Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, April 13, 2009

In Florida

remember how i used to get stressed with 30 mintes? well i only have 14 left out of an hour. i had to do stuff with email accounts and write a letter to my president that didnt end up working. so long story short i will write quick as i can! i'm sure mom told you all i made it to florida and live in hialeah east spanish speaking. i basically live in cuba now. thats were most everyone is from, but i do meet people from EVERYWHERE. my comp is hermana fiala. she is pretty nice but she is kind of nuts. she's obsessed with spanish which is good but kind of gives me a headache when i dont know what she's saying! we drive a 09 toyota corolla. she work is super good here. my first day we taught roberto and i asked him to be baptized. he is golden and his service will be next saturday :) we rarely have to tract because our day is full of appointments. we have dinnner appointments all this week but last week i survved on PB&J and cereal. it hasnt been too hot and no humid at all. we are also teaching a few other people.. if you could pray for them thatd be great their names are pretty much the same as everyone here... roberto or juan or jesus or fernando or nelson. church was good yesterday. ya it was a good easter. i had a easter basket h fiala's mom sent me and i got the fun package from mom and mer thank you! and a letter from steve thank you! i will try to write today with more info about the mission. everyday at 9 my time(7 yours) our mission all says a prayer and the parents of lots of missionaries pray at that time too for our mission that day! that'd be cool if you could pray too. hopefully next mon i will have this more figured out and be able to send more details. sorry! i think it takes 5-6 days to get mail here. i do not have my apt address with me. sorry. next week i'll tell it. oh there are cops everywhere alll the time and there was a shooting 2 blocks from my house the other day. agh. ok love you love you
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment