Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, October 5, 2009

BEST WEEKEND EVER

i was just able to experience one of the greatest weekends of my life.. i am so grateful and will forever remember President Monson announcing a temple here in Ft Lauderdale, Florida, greatest mission in all the land (sorry tay). see email to pres for more of my feelings on the temple :) i tried sending more pics today mom but comp was being too slow. next week ok? prayer list:jose and alihandara, margo, mardine and isabella, capverdes, nick, and valerie. as christmas time will be appraching i wanted to say soomething i really want i want like a small heart gold locket on kind of a longer necklace gold and i wish it could have a small family pic inside.. i know thats a big dream but i want one so bad. so i'm letting you know 3 months early. thanks for the package and yes its the right cord thank you.. how come you always put like 20 stamps then add 75 cents haha that always makes me laugh. last week we got to watch a space shuttle take off it was way sweet I LOVE FLORIDA. i have had to buy and make rice and beans since my body craves them daily now. these americans keep giving us chicken.. ok so this guy jose and his wife alihandra we met last week and i've taught them twice. the first time we taught him, he'd already read the BOM and given it to a firend then his friend got baptized. so we gave him a new one and he read it all already. i took a spanish member over with me and she and i taught them again but they are catholic and set on their ways and it is so hard for me cause i know they know its true but wont do anything about it. they really want me to marry their 25 yr old son and called him when i was there wtih the exchange and made me talk to him on the phone it was probably the most awkward minute of my mission.. i'm like freaked out of boys.. we also tracted into a husb and wife mardine and isabella, they took missinary discussions in hawaii and know ALL about the church and they are letting us teach them again. we are excited! we spend SOOOO much time every day knocking doors and tracting, something i NEVER did in the spanish program. it is so differenct i cant really explain. we get sooo rejected sometimes but i try not to take it personally but it makes me sad when these people dont want to hear the important message we need to tell them. we did exchanges friday and at sister lowe's invest she fed us coffee cake with REAL coffee in it ew ha we couldnt say no... it was grosss.. we also went to the hopsptial to visit a member who just had double bipass surgery and man i almost got sick i am not a fan of hospitals. um i LOVED general conf so so much, i even stayed awake for most of it. we went to the church each session and 0 investigators came... only like 10 members came because everyone here has satalite. my fave talk was Elder Hollands and also the one Sun afternoon about opening boarders of nations (Neilson?) i KNOW that Cuba will open one day, that those prayers will be answered just like the temple one was. i have learned so much recently from my Patriarchal Blessing and am so gratefully that I know we are Heavenly Father's children, he cares about us and wants the best for us. we are focusing on making the FFTL mission become Zion, and I know it will be. Soon. I love each of you with all my heart and am so glad you support me in the greatest work of all time. I pray for you, I hope the best for you, and think of you often. Take care and will talk to you soon.
Hermana Meryl Call

No comments:

Post a Comment