Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You Got The News

hey everybody.. sounds like you all got the news i am going to be on bike before i did.. in fact president has said nothing to me so i first found that out from dad! sounds fun! i am SO excited! i know in the keys they only have a bike area so i hope one day i can fulfill my dream of serving in the keys. you all asked for my address and right now its
17660 NW 67th Ave #1614
Miami, FL 33015
but i will be moving next wednesday morning so only send stuff if you know it can arrive by tuesday, otherwise send to mission office and i'll get it at transfers! i have no idea where i'm going to be transferred to. not a clue. landon- happy birthday tomorrow! hope you have a good one.. mom-sister lawrence sends me the ward newsletters monthly but thank you! i got the halloween candy mom thanks and guess what.. it was a good thing you sent it cause sat night we had a ward trunk or treat and it was SOOO fun and i got to give out candy! so that was perfect! thank you! well its been a long weird week with lots going on. last mon i went in the biggest mansion i've ever stepping foot into, it was member who spends summer at their house in Park city and winter here. i have never been in a bigger house in my life and it was just 2 people, kind of a waste but ya i took pics i'll show you all some day. when president told me at my PPI on tuesday that i was going to move back to miami lakes with sister fiala i was shocked cause i was actually really starting to like boca and my trio! i really miss it now but being here is good and its so fun to see the members again. i didnt get to say bye to a lot of them last time i left so i'm happy to be back again, although its wayyy different serving here with hermana fiala than it was with hermana van de graaff. i have been working on having boldness, and using my authority. well last tues this man asked me a question and in order to answer i had to tell him he was wrong, it was probably the scariest thing i've ever done but i know the Lord needed me to do it. this man told us not to come back again and i worried it i ruined the chance to teach him, but i am sure that what i did was what the Lord wanted me to. i got my flu shot and ow i felt for 24 hours like i got punched hard in the arm.. but i'm glad i wont get sick. sister moore and sister lowe had a girl with autism go out with them for 2 days cause this girl wants to serve a mission, soo we had 6 girls living in our tiny apartment but it was soo fun i absolutely loved it and now its weird to just have me and my comp, with no one to go home to at night. excpet mr bear. tracting last week i met this old lady Ana who is diehard catholic and she only spoke spanish soo it was me and her just talking and she was like being so crazy and then like grabbed me and was shaking me and was yelling about how only Moses has seen God.. gosh i like almost peed my pants it was so scary.. we taught this Hatian family but speak english and people from hati do NOT make eye contact with you and that was so awkward like teaching them but they wouldn't look at us no matter what. its weird. oh prayers this week: Reniel, joel, rosa, karina, alberto, and corvalon family. so sister pirotta got transferred friday too and went to boynton so sister denson joined sister lowe and moore til transfers. sister denson called me last night and said our invest alex came to church again and that he left with such a big smile on his face. i love seeing how happy the gospel makes people! on saturday hma fiala had this goal to tlak to 100 people but we only talked to 47.. it was raining that day and she made me pray for the rain to stop so i did and 5 min later it stopped.. i feel so weird doing that. we are all in the north now and its diff cause i used to just serve in the south mostly when i was here. i got to lead music again yesterday in sacrament meeting haha thats like my calling when i'm here then we had GOOD dinner at bishop dennis.. i missed having good sunday dinners when i was in boca. when i packed up i knew i'd only need my stuff for like 1 1/2 week til i had to pack again so i put most my stuff in my big huge suitcase and stuff for the time i'm in ML in the smaller one and its been so nice to just unpack a little and not worry about the other stuff. well happy halloween this weekend, i hope you dont meet any vampires...
i love you and will write you next tuesday (cause its pros monday)
take care and stay warm while i am here sweating and sleeping with the fan on and no sheets or blankets.. too hot...
xoxoxo
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment