Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

From President Hale

It's been an interesting few days at the mission home. The wife of Haiti Port-au-Prince Mission President was airlifted out of Haiti a few days ago following the quake with her two young boys, ages 5 and 7. She was due to deliver a baby at any time and we're now pleased to announce that she delivered a healthy 6 1/2 pound baby girl this evening. Sister Welch was amazing! She was right there every step of the way. Nice to have a nurse in the mission. I'll bet she never anticipated assisting in the delivery of a baby on her mission! Nor did I ever really anticipate shopping for newborn diapers, clothing, car seat, etc. etc. for one of our little missionaries - but what an eventful day it has been. The happy father ... a 29 year-old Haitian mission president is thrilled with the receipt of each additional emailed photograph of his new little one. Imagine that! So I guess that makes all of you Aunts and Uncles to little "Burnsey". Never a dull moment in the great Florida Ft. Lauderdale mission - We do it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment