Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hi

hey everyone, its been more on the uneventful side this week, but it was a good week none the less. i sent an envelope home with sister olson, so when you see her sunday remind her and she'll get it to you. the everglades were super fun and it was really pretty !!! so weird that its "winter" and yet its in the 80s. we saw lots of alligators! this week we got lots of new contacts but not really any potentials yet... sister eland met someone outside the library while i was watching our stuff so maybe she'll be cool. i dont have too many highlights to talk about so i'm resorting to telling you about my food i ate... we were eating at a Brazilian families house and they thought it was a treat to have the missionaries over so they made shrip and fish and these strange brazilian potatoes. well i didnt have a choice so i just chewed it all up and amazingly it all stayed down. never again do i want a seafood meal. yuck. i met with dr hartog, he wants to see me in one month and he says it is healing properly. he likes to call me a pioneer cause i went through all that for so long without getting medical help. ha. we took sister olson to this fritanga restruant last night (niguraguan food) and i just want you all to know, soy latina. i just cant even explain how much i love latins. ah! so much! i am staying here another transfer with sister eland. Mom sent me a baby bottle full of jellys for my 9 mnth (thanks for that by the way) and guess what. the elders ahve this awesome investigator kenya who is getting baptized soon. she is super cute and she's 24 or 25 and single and prego. but she's a GOOD girl and really excited to get baptized. so i gave her that bottle as a gift. man you always send the most helpful items. along with many of you, i am laughing that its been a year since that farewell and our family photo shoot and everything else.. wow. ok we only rode our bikes one time this transfer so i hope we can ride A LOT this next transfer. sis eland is using sister olson's for now. we have been focusing so so much on the book of mormon and the place it holds dear in my heart is taking over... it's been the only way we're contacting people, and i know that because the Book of Mormon is the keystone to our religion, that it is through it others will be converted. we didnt have any investigators at church.. oh wait we dont have any investigators, period but i am hoping that will change!!!! yest we went at 6am to watch the sunrise at this marina close to our house. we live like 10 min from the ocean and went to a place called Black Point Marina. I saw so many sailboats there dad, you would love it. do you know how many west marine stores i've seen in south florida. maybe the same number as years you are old. i have so many goals i am setting for myself and so many i'm still working on accomplishing. there is so much going on and such a little amount of time. i decided i wont let myself sleep at nights until i have completed my reading 10 pages in my Book of Mormon project that day, and 4 pages in my daily reading. I want to have the Book of Mormon project done March 15 and the Book of Mormon finished April 6. Hopefully I don't become too sleep deprived. gotta run but love you alll and will talk to you next week!!
Loove, hermana call

No comments:

Post a Comment