Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, January 4, 2010

Hoollaaaa

feliz ano nuevo mi familia!!! como estan... hi i am just happy today and i think mostly cause tomorrow we are getting a new companion and i'm soo excited. so i'll be in a trio again and i liked being in a trio before! because her comp is leaving tomorrow, i think it will be sister pirotta but its a surprise til we pick her up tomorrow night at tri-rail. ok seriously those choco toostie rolls i got, were those homemade? those were sooo good. i lvoed my treat package. thank you. it is all in teh freezer for now, i have too many treats. enough to last...til july at least. and i have 2 tupperwares full! it was my frist time sleeping thorugh new years, no i did not wake up at midnight. it wasnt a big deal i guess but at 10:30 everyone was doing fireworks nad screaming outside so it made it harder to fall asleep. what goals do you all have for 2010? i want to read the BOM 3 times this year, focus more on my DAILY missionary goals, and contnue to learn about the temple cause i cannnot hardly wait to go there again!!! i made this list of my 2009 highlights and that was fun thinking about what a great '09 i had :) hope you can all say the same. the elders in our ward had a baptism on tues, his name is steve and his story is incredible. i'll tell you on a voice tape, after coming out of the water he practicially screamed overcame with joy. it was super cool. another thank you for all the love and mail i've been getting.. i get way more attention here than i do at home.. so i wonder if i should be a missionary forever? i have a doc appointment on thurs for my shoulder so i'll let you know how that goes. i'm using missionary medical insurance. read email to pres for sad story on our 3 baptismal dates :( there was this lizard in the car a few days ago and i went to put the car in park and the lizard was 1/2 inch away from my hand crawling down the cd player thing it was sooo freaky. i loved my letter from nin that incluided copies of the testimonies in the BOM. thanks for sending that :) lately everywhere we go people want us to pray holding hands so i've done that a few times and i try not to laugh but i know taylor would've loved every second of it. this one lady we went to teach who ordered a Bible, she told us that Satan would be after us but then she looked me in teh eye and told me he'd especially be after me. it was kinda freaky. she told me that twice while we were tehre. agh. hope she didnt pull a spell on me. we taught this lady hermane and she just wanted to knwo what the correct way to be baptized was! i was happy to tell her but it was sad that she just doesn't understand. that is so frusterating when i try to teach authority to people but they just dont get it! ahhh!! we had this member bring her non memeber friend patrick to church yetsterday he;s mid 20s and was so so happy to be there and even bore his testimony about God. it was a little scary at first cause it was his first time in the church ya know but he did good. we are going to visit him satuday. talkign to him after church he just was saying how happy he was and that "i love jesus!" ..its been chilly in the 50s did i already say that? sorry cant remember. yesterday in relief society the teacher just kept talking about "when i was on my mission..." and i'm pretty sure thats going to be me in 7 months or so... so prepare yourselves now for me to talk about this for forever... i love you guys so much and tahnks for all your love and support and know i pray and think of you often
xoxoxoxo
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment