Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hey Everyone

hey everyone. how yall doin. there has been a lot going on... oh where do i start.. first sorry to those who i didnt reply individual today, its hard to read 26 emails in an hour and try to reply to all those, write president, and you guys! ah! i wrote pres a few quick stories so catch them from his emial. well we had that guy nino who we were teaching ya know, well he confessed his deep love for us so we are no longer teaching him. i believe it was my wise grandma elaine who told me that there would be boys who would come to church for all the wrong reasons. it made me really sad that we cant teach nino anymore because he was really cool. new beginninngs went well and i recorded it so one day you can all hear! we met this cute man julio who holds a sign on a street we ride our bikes on daily, so we see him every day and he calls when he doesnt see us. he is from peru and mostly speaks spanish. he took us to lunch one day this week and then another day got us necklaces.. he is awesome and the elders are teaching him now. we see him reading his el libro de mormon on the side of the road and i LOVE that!! the brady's helped jordan get to church sunday soo we had him there! it was great! (except we had an awful sacrament meeting. man some of our ward members give weird talks). so his date is still on for feb 27. yay! he really wants his mom and sis to get baptized but since they haven't come to church or been taught much, they'll have to wait i guess. i have been having crazy dreams lately.. super crazy.. and i have been waking up so tired because my mind is so active even in the night. we also have spent lots of time biking and i run every morning. .so i feel like i'm slowly dying or something cause i never have energy. stephanie couldnt take the stuff to salt lake this week she had no room but it was nothing too important so i will hang on to it for now. the sad things i've seen lately is everywhere... we are finding our pass along cards on the ground. thats not where they belong. so sad. i have met some really cool poeple from india and persia and trinidad this week! i found that if i use my gps and have it prepare a bike route, i write it on a sticky note and put it on my handlebars and we never get lost. brilliant, right? i have gotten to use so much spanish and contact so many latins lately! and i have gotten a few compliments on my spanish..i had probably the best valentines of my life and THANK YOU for all the stuff, and mom the elders thank you too cause i gave away most those treats and cookies.. dont be mad! but i kept the sweater and lllooovve it. i learned yest at a mexican's house how to make GOOD gwacamole and i cant wait to make it for you guys one day! okay also we started taaching this COOL kid Tomah. updates on his next week i hope but pray for him and jordan.. love you guys... thanks for all your love too
hermana call

No comments:

Post a Comment