Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, February 8, 2010

How's Life

hey everyone hows life in the 801..(and whatever taylors area code is) hey there is this girl coming not this weekend next and i am sending some stuff with her so i'll get you her number next week. this week was hard, but i made it and i know it was because i felt your prayers in my life. of course this isn't easy but it is possible and i know i can do it because i have your help and support and prayers. thank you. our invest jordan is doing really well, he didnt come to church yesterday so that pushes back his bapt date since they have to come twice before baptism but i am sure feb 27, he will be ready. he says incredible prayers and always keeps his commitments (except coming to church!) we also have this other new invest Nino. he is 33 and pretty cool...but we aren't sure if he is more interested in Christ or in us.. so we'll see, he offered us beer last time we went over, it was the first time on my mission (and maybe in my life) that anyone has every seriously offered me beer! Nino's friend daniel the past 2 times has given us besitos and hugs.. and that is so awkward.. and now that its happened twice its gonna be more awkward to tell him no the 3 time but oh well. we have to. when a guy gets that close to me i stop breathing and cant breathe normal for like 5 minutes after. and they always want to hold hands when we pray and i hate holding hands with guys... aagh. we;'ve gotten into nasty mosquito season and i'm being eaten alive ..i wake up numerous times in the night itching all over.. and its hard to focus during lessons when all i want to do is put on cortozone cream.. but i'll be okay and got some bug spray today so i'll live. on feb 2 it was 14 yrs since my baptism and i think how special that day was to me.. its wasnt as special to me at the time as it is now.. but i love thinking about it. i've loved reading in alma 12 this week where they are talking about being foreordained.. and we were all chosen before this life to do something. i love knowing that i knew i would serve a mission ..that i knew that before i even came to earth! how cool. little owen.. thank you for calling me when i was at sister boix's house the other night.. that was really special that you knew i was there. we had 3 DA on wednesday cause there was a mix up on the calendar ahh i think i gained 10 pounds this week. sister eland admits that she doesnt like riding bike, but we have to cause we only get 700 miles a month on our car and our area is huge, plus it takes 25 miles round trip from churhc. I LOVED MY CALENDAR. thank you soooo much. it didnt make me homesick, just made me laugh a lot. i can't beleive i'm one! i'm such a big girl. i remember the past year so well. the preach my gospel training we had was super good nad learned how important prayer is, that the head of the household needs to kneel and offere the closing prayer(yes the investigator) . i am happy i have written in my jouirnal every day of my mission and that i can remember things so well because of it. i went on my first date from a latin this week..his name is jaison.. he's from cuba and he was riding his bike and so were we. he didn't speak a word of english. he asked if he could take us to lunch so we all rode to a nearby mall and he bought us lunch and after made us flowers out of napkins. hahaha. an elder in our ward, elder cook, got in a bad bike accident saturday night when he ran his bike into a bus sign. how fortunate that it was right in front of the hospital, so they locked up their bikes and he went in the ER. he has a dislocated shoulder and spent hours in the ER.. but he somehow made it to church on sunday. i cant wait for a normal sunday..they are the most stressful day of the week for me. we had 2 invest at church, this walk in named peter whose gf is a member and he is dying to get baptized. also this guy we met earlier this week named mark. so it was cool to have invest there! elders cook and nutt are teaching this girl named kenya,. shes getting baptized the 20th and is sooo cute like 24 and she's due with a boy in 3 weeks. its her first child. i am so excited. she wants us to come right after he is born. tomorrow i am speaking at new beginnings because i love the young women so much and everyone knows it. i'm excited for this new week and love you all and hope you all have a good week too
xoxoxoxo
hermana call

No comments:

Post a Comment