Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, February 1, 2010

An Okay Week

hey guys, how is everyone? it's been an okay week.. but it's been one of those weeks where i just wonder "who signed me up for this?" and when i remember that i did... i say a little prayer and stop feeling bad for myself and try to focus on all the never-ending work we have to do. the Lord has blessed us with incredible people to teach this week. We met an 18 year old Jordan who is incredible.. we got to teach him fri and sat, and set him with a bap date of feb 20. he wants his family to learn too. i hope he can keep progressing. the first time we met him he said the closing prayer and he said "i want to be baptized..." please pray for him, that he wil continue to progress and gain his own testimony and keep his commitments. a few times this week our potentials and other people we'd taught before have told us not to come back, so we are still in the finding mode. sister eland got her bike this week and it took us an hour to ride 1 mile, me teach her how to lock the bikes up, and then to ride 1 mile. ha. i am becoming the most patient person ever. or at least i'm trying. addys (the recent convert in the spanish ward) came out on exchanges twice and i think she is super cute and i love her a lot. i'm so grateful to the elders for letting us borrow her. i took her to a house of a man who we'd never met, but i found his teaching record from 2005 and wanted to meet him. so we went, and she told me she wasnt going to say anything cause she was scared and it was her first time. i told her thats ok, but as we went and sat down she all the sudden started sharing her conversion story, and all about her decision to be baptized (only her and her grandma got baptized. her parents dont like the church, or allow the missionaries in thier home). i was so proud of her and so was this man, reynold. (who is 80 from hati) even he was so impressed.. but on thursday we had this other exchange with us and the investigator was so mean to her that our exchange started crying and it was soo sad. We had stake conference yesterday and it was a broadcast from salt lake to 47 stakes in florida, georgia, and south carolina. it was really good and came at a time I needed it. Well, have a good week and keep doing all you know you should.
Love you all
Hermana Call

No comments:

Post a Comment