Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, April 5, 2010

A Happy Meal

hi cuties how's everything? prayer list:bernard, juan, rhshonda, julian, michelle, marcial, kedesha, antonio, ida, maggie, and david. thanks! this is going to be random cuase i gotta type quick! a recent convert who got baptized a year ago still calls it the book of morons.. please make an appointment for my check up in july with dr. jay liddell, have it be with him and not the hygenist please! and also one for the ortho. the hales oldest daughter got engaged on thurs night, and is getting married in utah but president cant even go! sad! then their son tanner got his mission call to el salvador the next day and they are both flying out of florida next month! he goes in the mtc a month after getting his call.. they have lots going on. i guess they should be on the prayer list too! ok ok i had a cool revelation and i will be going to the U this fall, i know there are some orientations i'll need to register for so will you keep an eye on that also? and i need some scholarships! i'll figure that out later though..we met a really cool lady named anna from belize this week she is 81.. and we also taught an 80 year old antonio who used to be a pastor ( but he went to priesthood with our bishop and came to yesterday morning too!) but like NO ONE comes to the church, like the missionaries and 10 other people max. weird. read in my email to Pres about my biggest accomplishment this week! something nice that we did was when we were riding our bikes down US-1 and there was a tree in the middle of the road must've fallen out of a truck, cars were swirving and almost 10 accidents. so we decided to play superman and save lives.. so when no traffic came we ran and each grabbed the truck of it and dragged it to the sidewalk. little did we know like 10 people were watching and like this guy comes over to us and is like "are you the latter-day saints?" man it was great. i loved the talks on service and that people know members of our church because of service! i got a dumb april fools joke by elders wilcox and wright when they told us that cuba had a fall in the government and us leaders were taking over... of course we beleived it and got so happy.. rude. at this complex the other day i saw this cop running up stairs carrying a gun that was almost as big as me, but its ok they left a second later. this lady the other day like tried to quarrel with me and i just bore my testimony and tried to leave but she was like yelling at me and finally threw the pass along card back at me and told me i needed it more than she did! some people are so mean! we saw her later but crossed the street... we taught this nice homeless man richard and he said a really really long prayer at the end where he prayed for everyone, including mine and sister crane's future husbands. i told this black guy bernard we are teaching that he forgot to cut the tag off his shirt! it was sticking out! he told me "it was part of it" and quickly changed the subject. addys (my little sister) glared at me and when he stepped out of the room she said never do that again. i learned that people do that to show the brand and the price they paid for their outfit... some peopel are wearing clothes inside out just so others can see the tag and brand.. ohhh broothherr.. then i asked rhshonda if her hair was real and again addys told me later never ask a black girl that cause black girls always have fake hair and so if they have long hair, its fake cause their hair dont grow fast. wow. the things i never knew growing up in utah. well rhshonda accepted a baptism date of april 24 yay!! so great! she understands why she needs to be baptized again. and for that i just want to squeeze her. i got 2 million new bug bites and the welch's came so they sprayed my bed for bugs and spiders cause they arent mosquito bites and are all over my body. like chicken pox! this cute old man neighbor we have named hector, he's like 80 and latin, well a few days ago he came up and was talkign to me and was about to leave and she "te quiero" and then he gave me a besito (EW I HATE WHEN GUYS DO THAT AND I'M IN A SITUATION WHERE I CANT STOP THEM) and then he looked at me and said "no, te amo" it was sooooo gross i cant tell you how bad i almost threw up and wow it was sick. i've been told this week that i am a happy meal.. because i'm always a surprise and you never know what you are going to get from me.. i guess thats a compliment? there is a 4 year old who knows how to do the dance "the jerk" and the woo-tang.. he's sooo cute.. and i hope that owen will learn that dance by the next time i see him. i loved elder ballard's talk and so many others, confernece was so good and i cant beleive how funny some of them were. i loved my easter basket, thank you thank you!!!!!! it was probably my 1st time stayign awake all 4 general conferences, i think i got one up on dad.. we had dinner at the antonacci's, our ward mission leader. they made yummy lasange.. what was very surprising to me was that like 1 family had the easter bunny come here, if kids were too little the parents didnt go it. and even for families who had older kids, they said it was too expensive, and nobody dyed eggs cause they are too expensive. our family is so blessed! i'm lucky to have had my 2 easters and 2 general conferences in florida. i pray for you all every single day and love you soooo much! tenga un buen semana
xoxoxo
sister call

No comments:

Post a Comment