Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, June 7, 2010

Hollywood Hills South

hellloo from hollywood hills south.. hope you all had a good week (mom did i get an email from you? ..i dont think so young lady) and i sure had a good week.. i served before in hollywood hills north so i am getting to know new members although a lot of the ward is the same, its good to be back! i love this ward! we dont have any invest with baptismal dates right now, and not very many progressing. mostly just 1. so please pray for gerardo and jenifer! it was weird to leave my home in homestead..my bed for 5 1/2 months.. but i'm all settled in here in HH and love it. saying bye to a family in homestead (the smiths) President Smith (2 counselor in stake presidency) said he googled "south fl temple" and my blog was in the top 3 hahaha wow so he looked at my blog and that is so embarassing.. i hope i said good things! driving up from homstead to plantation last tuesday we got to see the sacred land where the temple will be built! yay!!! it'll be incredible! being in the orlando temple was..ohh dear i have no words.. it was beautiful. i loved it. what a special day that was. i learned so, so , soooooooo much and wish i could go again tomorrow! well i think the 3 elders thought i was dumb i cried so much that day haha but i loved it. ah. i am with hermana hebdon, she is from utah..oh my i forgot what part.somewhere near cache valley. she joined alpha (my sorority at the U) right after i left on my mission. so we have lots of friends in common. this is her 3 transfer in the mission. she had the same comp her 1 and 2, so it is fun to bring new ideas to the area and companionship. we are struggling with spanish together but hers is better than mine even haha. its good that we are both young in spanish and will learn together! tonight will be great.. elder stewart and hermana fiala aare here on their hunnymoon and they are having a reception in hialeah so tongiht i get to go with the hales to the reception! ! well that guy gerardo is legit and we have just taught him once but he's de nicuragua and super cool. on saturday we had something really awesome called la cena internacional. each country in the ward had a table and the members from the country brought food.. so i got SUCH GOOD FOOD that night, it was a fundraiser for boyscouts but missionaries ate free. there was probably 15 or 20 countries. yesterday at chruch i had to bear my testimony in spanish hahah soo embarassing.. it was the second time i did it in the ward and i proabably said the excat same things i did the first time. ha. i live with sister zitting and christensen and LOVE them, i am happy where I am at and look forward to the time i have to serve in hollywood hills sur.. have a good week my lovies and talk to you soon!
xoxoxoo hermana call

No comments:

Post a Comment