Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Homestead's Final Hours

hi family, how is everyone doing? i am in my final hours in homestead, i will go to the orlando temple tomorrow (that still hasn't sunk in yet), then off to my new area tomorrow evening. I dont know when I will find out where I am going, I guess I'll find out sometime tomorrow. it has been a really good week but sometimes its been really hard. one of the most difficult things for me is this.. when i am a little sad or hurting inside and poeple tell me allll their problems, and i have to be strong and help them and forget about myself.. i guess charity is a Christlike attribute that I am obviously not perfect at yet. this work is hard. frusterating. but sooo happy and wonderful at the same time. i have been brave this week and done something i've always wanted to and never had the guts to.. i pack a little zip lock with pass along cards and tuck it in my shorts when i go running every morning. i have met people this week that i've only said "hi" to for 5 1/2 months. i had one of the most embarassing awkward moments of my misson this week and will tell you about it later. just ask. not over emial. Aida was sweet telling me that we are sisters and i have had a hard time saying bye to these people but it has been ok cause i just say i'm just leaving for a few weeks then i will see them all at church :) we had a super cool thing with this lady teresa but its a long story too, maybe i will make a tape.. next p-day. still got some packing to do :) i know that all good things must come to an end.. and this bittersweet feeling of saying bye to homestead is just a beginning of whats coming soon and i am not too excited about that.. on sunday some of the elder's recent converts -a dad and his 2 sons (who got baptized same day as Aida) blessed and passed the sacrament.. what a special thing that was, and for the first time in my life i feel as if i might start to understand a ity bitty tiny fraction of the Atonement. I am so excited to be able to have the opportunity tomorrow to enter the temple, and do the work for a dear family member. I love missionary work, and i know that without temples this missionary work would not all get done. hope all is well, where ever you are. have a good week. i love you!
sister call

No comments:

Post a Comment