Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hi

i am going to ignore the bright red countdown timer at the top of my screen and try to make as much sense as possible in 23 minutes. mom-thank you so so much for the letter you left in my suitcase! that was really a neat surprise. taylor and i talked the next morn at breakfast how fun that was. marci-thank you for the talk you sent! i can only get the rest if i pay 7 cents a page so will you dear elder (DE) me the rest of it? it ended at the scripture of hebrews 10:35. thanks!! marci/merideth, thanks for keeping up on my facebook.. i have gotten letters from people saying they got my address from FB so thank you! i still feel somewhat apart of the real world now. Landon-thanks for the note on DE, i know you are super busy and that was nice of you to think of me. Mom- i can't believe your ear is all better!!? thats so great! be sure to still use q-tips.. how is your back feeling? do you still sleep in taylor's room? how is work? thanks for telling me about ward conferece. dad- you are the only one who hasn't written me on DE...i'm going to pretend like i'm not mad.. ha ok i'm really not mad cause i know you have a lot going on. how is denver?? what's the update on the house? have you had a chance to put my car online yet? sorry i didnt have a chance to do that before i left. you are supposed to tell me about a baptism in the ward this past weekend? who is it? i went to go get pics developed and there was a super long line. i'll do it later, but they wont be available til friday so expect some pictures in the mail early next week. will you please send me some postcard stamps? they dont sell those here. also will you send a family pic from the MTC? the one on taylors camera isnt very good. i promise i'm writing in my journal every night but its usually not even a page cause i'm always always late going to bed! and i'm very tired here at nights. mom that umbrella you gave me, i used it when we were walking to the temple today and it broke!! ghetto. if you want send the purple one in the trunk of my car. thanks! Happy Valentines to everyone on saturday... i hope they dye the milk and the rice pink. I reallly like getting the letters on DE- especially cause its free and i wont have to use my email time reading letters. so keep sending letters that way please! i see taylor a lot, not as much as i saw him last week. cause we were doing all this new missionary stuff last week but i've seen him a few times this week.. like once or twice a day. and whenever i see him he is soooo nice to me. like unbelieveably. dont tell him i said that. he'd be embarassed. but its fun to see him. they dont let me hug him but i give him arm pats and i think he likes that. he seems to be really happy and doing so well! his comp is a cutie. i have like 6 friends in the mtc that i knew before and i feel so cool when i get to say hi to them.. i already say most of my prayers in spanish and can bear some of my testimony in spanish. we learn so much everyday it just blows my mind. everyone in the class knows so much spanish already i feel so behind but i know it'll get better. my teachers are really nice and never get mad when i ask dumb questions. there are 5 elders in my district and 4 sisters including me. 1 elder and 3 sisters are going to houston south and me and 4 boys going to FL. yesterday we taught the first discussion memorized and it was scary but went well. they make us memorize so much. i am sending home some thank you cards i need you to mail to people i dont have the addresses please. sunday we had our sacrament almost all in spanish and i didnt understand most of it but oh well. then in this meeting in front of 300 sisters i had to pray but i did it in english thank goodness. my compainon and i get along most the time but she gets on my nerves occasionally.. she gets hyper alot.. i LOVE gym time here. we go 5 days a week and i run on the track the whole time. 10 times around=1 mile and the other day i ran 4.5 miles. a typical day here: up at 6:28 get ready. spanish 7-7:45 then breakfast. spanish for like 4 hours then lunch. person study 1 hour, companion study 1 hour, lannguage study on our own 1 hour. i am doign a tutor twice a week starting next week. ok then usually gym or dinner and another 4 hour class. thats all we do everyday is eat, class, gym. thats my life for the next 8 weeks. i'll be sad when tay leaves here! send this email to whatever family, sorry i dont have time to send personalized ones. i love you all so so much????? those are exclaimation marks but my computer just broke. i will write as much as i can. hope all is well. i think about you all the time and i pray for you= and i know you are praying for me and i thank you for that? ??
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment