Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Keeping Busy

i only have 23 minutes left man this thing gives me anxiety. spanish sucks. i am having a hard time still but its only been 2 weeks and i know it'll get better. i am the furthest behind in my class but it'll be ok. i LOVE gym time the track is 10 laps=1 mile and i lose count but thanks to Nin i have this sweet watch that tracks my miles and i usually run 4-5 miles a day. at the end of last week some elders in my zone got the flu..one was in the hosptial and the rest were in quarintine. some got sent home and one is still there. sad huh! but i am staying healthy. i still have had a nap every day..maybe by week 3 i'll be out of my nap phase. once a week we go to this place called the TRC (training resource center) i think and volunteers come in. we teach them 15 minutes in spanish then we do a 35 minute lesson of the first discussion. they are super nice but its scary cause they ask lots of questions and i hate when they talk in spanish and i dont know what they are saying. on satuday we go to this place called the RC (referral center) i think tay told you about it. we talk to poeple who see the commercial or want to call and ask questions. i did a few calls and talked to a guy who said the missionaries can come next satuday! i sent a thing to the missionaries in his area :) on sunday we had to meet with the branch pres and during my interview he said the elders in my district had contacted him earlier that week cause they were concerned about me so i told him what had been going on then i got this big lecture cause my compainion- who is a HUGE flirt- was getting complaints so i need to keep an eye on her. she has been crying everyday since because we got our seats moved because i swear she has a crush on one of the elders. ew. i am super mad its snowing still... on 7 weeks til i get to be in the nice summer florida heat. i am so jealous taylor leaves next week!! i will cry when he leaves. thank you everyone for the cute valentines things that was so so nice of you all. i had a wonderful day beacuse of all the nice things i got! i hope you all had a nice day as well. mom and dad- how is your book of mormon reading going? where are you at? i am sad i haven't heard from dad yet... tay said he got a letter .. where is mine?! how's the house in denver.. and how is my pretty mazda? merideth, how is your new little diet working out? getting any better? i loooved the family valentine that was super fun to get!! you did a nice job writing it parents. mom-how is physical therapy going?? i am finishing a tape for you mom and dad i will probably mail it tomorrow.. there will be a few other things in there i will put a note in to explain them. a cute lady at the temple this morning asked me if i wanted a hug from my mom and i said yes so she hugged me.. she was very sweet and it made me miss getting hugs from my sweet family! i love you all so much and hope things are well at home. love you all so so so so so so so so so much. please respond on dear elder.. its so much easier. i might write again thursday- i figured out my email works 2 days a week. big hugs and kisses to each of you!!!!!
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment