Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, July 27, 2009

Hola

hi my lovies how is everyone? i'm doing just fine, just another busy p-day in ML. tomorrow i'm doing a training at zone meeting on lovign the people...i think i am a pretty lovey person so i'm not too worried but please pray for me cause i still get nervous talkking to big groups. also the mission office called and said another girl got called to this mission named sister call so you need to make sure to write sister MERYL call on my mail so it doesnt get mixed up. last week the Hogge's gave ,my district money to go to lunch like $50 and we went to this nice cuban place and the tour de france was on..it made me want to go ride a bike. DAD have you been following up on that? actually i think i saw you on your yellow bike on tv- was that you?? we have had a week of animals with our pet gecko sean in our room. we had to capture him and take him outside though cause he found the bedroom and i couldnt sleep with him in there. also there is a giant toad that lives outside our door we have to make sure he doesnt get in cause frogs are poisonous. although i'm tempted to kiss him sometimes cause its been awhile since i've got some actiion haha just kidding. our invest ana has been a bit of a crazy lady lately with her online dating, guys write her in english so she wants us to come over to see her facebook and tell her what they are saying. she was unable to get baptized this week cause she admitted she LOVES coffee and cant imagine life without it. so we're working with her to cut her 4 cups a day into 2. we had a sad day last tuesday with jorge. we went over to fill out his baptismal record and as we needed to put his wife's info on it, turns out the lady he is living with isnt his wife. she is his girlfriend of 13 years. but he cant get married to her. because he is married to a lady is cuba. and he cant divorce her and marry his girl here because he needs his marriage certificate. he is trying to bring his daughter over from cuba and needs the marriage certificate to sponsor his daugher to get her here. so in other words he only needs to break up with his girl here and move out, but he doesnt want to. although when he realized all this he was heartbroken because he also really wants to be baptized. so we'll see where this goes. its a really big decision he has to make. i kind of had some drama with a few ladies in the ward this week because some rumor got around that i am rich. where they got this idea i have no idea. so some ladies didnt like me and one told me that its because i am rich and well long story short, its all fine now but i have decided not to wear any new clothes for the rest of my mission. we found this huge turtle the other day and you know how much i love turtles well it was so big but it had the face of an ardvark and was so ugly..i need to send a pic but i left my camera at home. ew. i think it was a snapping turtle. we have been helping one of the elder's recent converts move cause she is moving into our area with her husband, and her husband is getting baptized this next week. we are excited this couple moved into our area cause they are so so cute. they are in their mid 20s and super cute. well nella has everything i love and she calls me miss designer cause i know about all her cute stuff.. she and i are going to go shopping soon i hope!! she and i get along really well and i love her a lot. i loved seeing the family pic of the reunion and everyone looks so cute, i cant believe you got tees this year! i want one! we have beeen getting fed realy well this week and i havent been running that much so i am going to try to not eat so much so these skirts will fit..ha. my new fave food is arroz con coco it is soo yummy. my comp and I have been figuring out apartments and agreed on one and we are moving on saturday. or maybe next monday. i like my new place but dont have the new address yet, i'll get it to you next mon. we had a fierce finding weekend and my zone got a booth at this flea market, the hogges are so nice and paid for it. i met so many people from the bahamas there. it was awesome they were all from naussa and i told them all the places i'd been there. it was neat cause i know they listened to me more because i'd been there. and i know that i was prepared for these people before i even knew why. the hogge's have been helping our invest lazaro get a job and this past week we met with him and them and made him a resume and found jobs online. he loves them and said he'd come to church. then he didnt. that makes me sad. at the flea market elder johnson bought me this sugar cane and coconut they cut the top off and we drank the inside i will send pics next week- thanks for the card from the fam reunion that was really special to me and meant a lot. see my email to pres hale for more info on invest-
i know i am involved in the work of angels (no, i'm not the angel, i'm just here to represent them)
i love you all and miss you!!! take care and talk to you soon
xoxoxoxo
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment