Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Surprise!

you thought i forgot about you didnt you. of course not. i was just super busy yesterday so we got prrsmission from pres to email today. it was fun hearing from you all on a tuesday! it sounds like so much fun stuff is happening to everyone and i am kind of sad i'm not there. but things in miami are going well. i moved yesterday, heere is my new address
17630 NW 73rd Ave. #201
Miami OR Hialeah i'm not sure FL 33015
my new place is really cute i like it a lot!! its still a mess but as soon as we clean up i'll take some pics and send. remember my 1st baptim Gulliermo? well i heard last monday he decided to leave the church and i was sooo sad. turns out the people he lives with wont let him live there since he is mormon. so i was praying for him and i found out yeserday he is staying in the church and just gonna move. good guy huh! my training went so good last tuesday but i know its cause the Lord helped me. the APs ended up coming and that scared me, but during my PPI president told me that the APs called him right after and told pres what a good teacher i am! isnt that nice. mom, pres asked sister hogge to do a mission blog so this morning she was starting on it so just know that is in the making. earlier this week a member who was feeding us asked us to go to costco to meet them for lunch so we went and saw like 10 members there haha it is just like a mormon hang out there..our investigator argentina accepted her baptism date finally for the 16th we are so so happy and she is nervous but happy. she is a sweet lady. i'm really excited for her. thanks for the pics of owen! he is so big! and darling! i hope the sully's have a fun trip in texas/mexico! our invest ana is supposed to get baptized on sunday but i dont think she can give up her coffee which is sad.. she has been telling us we cant come over cause she is "sick" (and then she'll fake cough in the phone)..kinda funny but sad she is avoiding us like that. and margarita is also supposed to get baptized on sunday but we havent seen her in awhile cause she works so much during the week! so pray for her please! during my PPI pres said that i am going to be driving next transfer and i'll also be senior companion half of next transfer. he asked lots about my fam during my PPI and i got to tell him all about you all. he said i would for sure be staying here next transfer, and then my comp goes home at the end of next transfer so i'll prob be here the transfer after taht too. so at least til nov i think. one of my new favorite dishes is sphagetti with shredded chicken..its super yummy. latin style. try it! there is an old lady who is kind of nuts in the ward that we had come to an apointment with us last week and she just sits in the backseat and talks to herself..it makes me laugh..but we found out what a good fellowshipper is! and even though she may not be the funnest exchange cause she is nuts i am excited to take her out again. we had a zone conference call the other night and we as a zone are going to be focusing on getting more member present lessons. it is kinda hard in this area to get member pres but we are trying. president hale joined the call as a surprise and that was kinda fun. then i got called on to say the closing prayer and that was weird saying the prayer on the phone with like 16 other kids. a cute lady grandma Farias passed away on sunday and we are really sad. they are an incredible family in our ward. we will have that funeral later this week. it was kind of unexpected and sad. sunday was tough cause we had 0 invest at church when we had like 6 commitments of people to be there. but i got to teach music time in primary so that was fun. as we were cleaning the old apartment in the spare room i found a TON of clothes other sisters had left so i got lots of new clothes i am so excited about.. so again please never send me clothes i have a ton now. yesteray for P-day after moving we went to the everglades and rode a bike path the place is called shark valley. it was SOOO fun. it was 15 miles and we borred bikes for the 6 sisters in our zone and i havent rode a bike in forever my bum is sore today. but i got a sweet tan and had so much fun. there is usually alligators lining the path but cause it was 105 yesterday it was too hot. at the halfway tower we saw 1 big alligator in a river below and a huge turtle and later i saw this cute baby crocidile.. i will end my email here and try to send a pic! i love you!!!!! thanks for continuing to write. huge hugs and kisses and handshakes to the boys...
hermana call

No comments:

Post a Comment