Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, March 15, 2010

Hellooo

hellooo how is everything ? that was so funny and weird to see the pic of mom and mana keller.. so weird to think thats gonna be me in 4 month (agh. that makes me want to throw up) um she requested me on facebook and so did sister brady can someone please update that? thanks. i sent a pic with the zayas family and that little girl aleah is so cute she calls me sister phone.. hah but not on accident she really thinks thats my name! haha!! julian is really excited for church and asked that we teach a special lesson on baptism on tues night. i am very excited because i know how much julian loves church. but michelle knows julian doesnt quite understand baptism and although she hasnt said it, you can just tell she just doesnt want him to get baptized yet. please pray mightily with us that she will understand our lesson tomorrow and have a softened heart! i finished this little tape mom and dad with my thoughts on your upcoming vacay, we're going to the PO after this so watch for it soon. it was kind of a shock to have sister crane be my new companion. she is a very cute girl and i know i have a lot to learn from her! i really am happy! President Hale announced we can only listen to MoTab music from now on.. so its a good thing i like my comp and we always talk so we dont have to have music on very much. on thurs we were meeting an exchange and we parked under a tree and i got out of the car and this bird swoops out of the tree really fast and almost hit me in the head but it didnt. but then a second later something falls and hits me on the chest and bounces down my shirt and falls on the ground. it was a dead bird carcass (sorry i dont know how to spell that) and was all bloody and it got blood down my shirt and i was trying not to make a scene in the parking lot but it was discusting like i had dead bird blood on my shirt and skirt..we took a pic but i am saving it to show you. we went to the lesson and this lady sandy we are teaching stopped in the middle of the lesson and said "okay everybody look at sister call. she's always smiling.. i've never seen anyone so happy.. she even smiles when she sings...." etc and i just thought you should know that because i truely am happy now as I am doing the Lord's work! i bought some jeans at ross.. it was the first pair of jeans i got in like 14 months.. and they cost $10.. well they aren't true religions but i sure am proud i am learning to buy cheaper things. i am surving ok with no treats, its hard but i know it's good for me. on sat we were teaching those 3 little girls the vega girls, and i was explaining to the 9 yr old what happens when she is baptized and i think i used the word dipped somehow... but later she came up and told me "i really want to get dipped" it was so cute but the problem is that the grandparents and parents are inactive and so its hard for the girls to get to church. we need the parents to reactivate otherwise it will be hard to get the girls to church every sunday. any ideas??? i have loved seeing the progress of the men that live in the ALF (assisted living facility) that we visit every Saturday. remember me talking about them end of dec/jan? we go every sat and it is my #1 fave time of the week usually. i always look forward to it. the guys all still have addictions like smoking and drinking but its neat to see them progressing in their prayers and their relationship with Heavenly Father. yesterday this lady was visiting our ward.. she's from loveland CO so i talked to her after and she knows like the prices and crookstons and everyone.. she goes to the other ward but she knows them all. her and her husband are down here living for a few months in an RV but they'll go back soon. it was fun to talk to her. what i didnt like about church yesterday is that nobody came! no investigators! we worked so hard but we got an F... and i hate that. then we thought this family invited us over for dinner so we went but turns out they meant next sunday and that was awkward when we just sat there waiting to eat and nothing happened so they gave us corndogs. sister brady's neighbor and cute friend Pilar came over when we were there last night and we committed her to come to church this sunday. for invitation sunday we are expecting 2.000 poeple at church for the mission which means 500 per stake .. the members are doing great inviting people and i'm so proud of them all! i hope it turns out to be successful! please pray that we will have many at church that day, also pray for nicole and alexandra Vega, Sandy and her kids roberto and natalie, michelle and julian zayas, and for grayland and brenda joyner. thanks, that would mean so much to me! I love you each so much. Hope everything is going well! Have a good week. and Happy St Patricks day.
xoxoxoxo
Hermana Call

No comments:

Post a Comment