Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Quick Update

if you have ever heard complaints about this mtc email they are true! i hate this email system! it deletes everything. ugh. i will give you a quick update in the time i have left. the mtc is going ok..not great but not bad. its getting old and repetitive. i am trying to make it fun but i am counting down the 28 days til i leave to the sunshine state :) spanish class is still super hard but i am trying. it makes me frusterated a lot. especially grammer and the conjugations. there is so much to memorize and my brain had a red flashing FULL light going on all the time so i dont know what to do. we have this thing called SYL.. landon did you do that? it means speak your language. we have to rate ourselves 3 times a day on how well we are doing speaking. my favorite is going to the TALL computer lab doing activities on there. it was fun reading tay's 20 quiestions..how come i dont get questionaries? tay is such a big boy! how is tammy o. doing? any better? dad have you had a chance to work on the mazda? are you finished with the house in denver? where is my tape hellooo. i am in love with sister minetto. we have so much fun together. i wish she was my companion or every just going to my mission. my favorites are still personal study and preach my gospel time and gym time. i ran 5 miles last thurs in 40 min and this saturday i am going to race my mile time. dad the girls here snore worse than you! and i dont dare kiss them and tell them to roll over.. mom you asked if people talk to each other here YES it is nuts. the kids learning japanese or something bow to me all the time. its weird. it is so fun i have 7 friends here and i feel so popular.. haha.. my friend austin made me this sweet present last week he is the coolest. in the cafetria there is this elder i dont know his name but he ALWAYS takes my tray for me he is so nice. and the elders always stand up for the sisters when we are walking by about to sit down. dad do you miss taylor smooching on you. last thurs for service we got to put up all the flags outside the mtc it was cool! we got to pick what ones we wanted. daylight savings time drained me and i'm sure it did all of you. on satuday in the RC i decided to make as many calls as possible cause we weren't getting any chats. i made 76 calls and think i talked to 4 or 5 people. it was really neat, one lady i had an AWESOME conversation with and she committed to going to church on sunday. on sunday elaine dalton (general yw pres) spoke at relief society and talked alot about running.. and how it is like a mission with running hills. it was a great talk! that night we watched joseph smith prophet of the restoration. man i just LOVE joseph smith! he is so great!! i want to be just like Emma. we took some neat pics at the temple on sunday but my camera wont hook up to the comp so i will get them developed and send to mom and dad. mom and dad-bryant came to visit a few weeks ago, said you weren't home and he wants to talk to you.. a little weird but whatever. i gave him your numbers so he might call. yesterday i went to the ortho it was way high class with playstains and massage chairs and stuff.. i got a new retainer blue with a utah jazz sticker and glitter! way cool! dad i used my visa. i get to leave again tomorrow to pick it up. what is the american idol update? i am teaching a 35 min in english on sunday about the restoration and finding people to teach any ideas? i got a huge blood blister on my toe they said i have to go to an optomidrrist if it isnt gone next monday.. sorry.. its gross. please write i love hearing from you all. sorry i gotta go but i will write as soon as i can. hope all is well. mer send me some office quotes and updates on march madness please. the stanley pretzel day one. ok
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment