Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Monday, November 16, 2009

I am Alive

hellooo!! here i am! i am alive! dont even worry guys, i'm totally doing better from my bike/car collision last thursday night. it was a pretty strange experience. since i'm assuming you mostly know all the details i won't take too much time retelling them. i will just go about my usual weekly email k! last week sister olsen gave me a tennis lesson and i decided it's a lot easier on the wii but it is some good exercise so we want to play a lot this transfer. all the elders have named their bikes and i decided mine needs a name.. but i have not come up with one yet so any ideas would be great. i love being in the palm beach zone. they always have the most success in the mission in this zone but its hard cause we never see each other! (cause we dont do p day activities anymore) so its weird i'm like finally where i wanted to be but i dont even know who is in my zone. oh except elder fredrick. he is. we have been going to these neighborhoods in the daytime where i am the minority.. yikes.. actually we're the ONLY white poeple in the whole 'hood.. i never thought i'd be some place like this! we had to ride in a lot of rainstorms last week but luckily one time when my shirt went a little see through (sorry fellas) we went to the papenfuss' and i got to use thier dryer. man i love them so much. my newest talent of the week... (that i only do while in neigherhoods) is that i can ride my bike with no handlebars... no handlebars.. haha ok but really i can but not for too long cause i get nervous haha. i've been seeing new moon stuff everywhere and its almost going to drive me crazy- are you guys going to it? my helmet has been giving me a little bit of what i call helmet acne ugh gross i know, but i sweat so much with that thing on my head i cant help it cause the straps rub against my skin. i think i mentioned to mom that sister o and i also got hit thursday morning, but it was by the same lady she hit sister o's back tire and my front. it was scary and she was turning right at the stop sign (same as when i got hit that night) anyway she wasnt paying attention and it scratched my bike up a little but i think i scratched her car even more so we didnt worry about it. i guess i was being prepared for something bigger although even that freaked me out. so ya at the hospitol did i say one of my nurses is this asian man in my ward here? he was really nice. like he wheeled me down where i got the CAT scan. also the bishop and his wife came to visit me that night. remember we just got a new bishopbric here? it was the bishop's first hosptiol visit.. there were so many souls taking care of me that night i dont think i can count.. wait for sure i can't count cause i couldn't see at least half of them.. as horrifying as it was, it was a really special experience. Sister O also took good care of me that night and throughout the night and ever since then. at sisters conference it was soo fun and i am so gald i got to go. the speakers the bradley's live in murray. maybe close to archuleta's. ok seriosuly i dont know how to ever repay the Papenfuss' they are so special and dear to me. i love them soo much. i cant wait for you to meet them all some day. heavenly Father gave me a special gift Friday night.. ever since the day i moved to florida i haven't seen one star cause of clouds or lights or whatever. but i looked up fri night and there was a sky full of stars! i wanted to cry! well i wasnt so sore on friday but i woke up mega sore on saturday but got lots of backrubs and i'm borrowing a heating pad so i'm feeling a little better today. i'm not ready to hear the whole story from sister olsen yet of what happened (i dont really remember much of it) but i think later this week i'll have her tell me. whenever people want to hear it i've had to leave the room. i've been told i will soon have lawyers bombaring my mailbox wanting me to sue this guy? i'm not sure what i should do about that so i'll just hang onto them until i figure it out. we get the police report on fri and plan on going to teach this man (i hear it was a young black man in his 20s) . i have gotten so many sweet caring calls and texts from poeple and the guys in the ward who think they're funny nicknamed me crash.. it's an interesting side note to say that i didn't get any marks anywhere my garments were covering me. in fact, the mega bruise above my knee is almost a straight line where my garments covered. anyway i know sister olsen just sent like a long email to her family so maybe you can get some details from taht if you are intereested. remember my good special friend erania vargas in miami lakes who i loved and elder johnson baptized her while i was in boca? her husband got baptized yesterday and although i couldn't be there it was a special day for me cause i loved him and their family a lot. okay i gotta go but i also love you a lot! like a lot a lot! please know i'm doing better and appriciate all your prayers and love and concern. your the bestest family ever!
hermana meryl call

No comments:

Post a Comment