Mission Scripture

Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you; and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the Son of the living God, that I was, that I am, and that I am to come.

D&C 68:6

About Me

Hi welcome to my blog! I have been called to be a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and am speaking Spanish here in the Ft . Lauderdale Florida mission. I am currently serving in Hollywood. I am a part of the greatest work of all time.."

Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm Almost Famous

check out my sweet article..
i'm almost famous
xoxoxo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: FW: Sister Call is doing well...

Clint & Becky – The Stake Presidency asked to stay updated regarding Sister Call’s condition. I sent the following note to them this morning. Thank you both for staying in-tune with the Spirit and for taking several hours out of your busy schedules to help one of our beloved missionaries!
-Bishop

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, November 13, 2009 6:08 AM
Subject: Sister Call is doing well...

President Current, President Angelos, and President Matute -

Karen and I visited Sister Call and Sister Olsen last night at Bethesda Memorial Hospital. Both were in good spirits and both remained very cheerful about the experience. Sister Papenfuss and her daughter stayed with the sisters until Sister Call was released around 12:30a. Nothing troubling was found with the CAT Scan, which is standard procedure when trauma to the head is suspected. She has a few minor cuts that were cleaned last night. She did not appear to be in any pain, but I’m sure she’ll be a little sore today.

I believe the details of the accident went something like this: Sister Call followed her companion through an intersection (both were on bike with the required head- and tail-lights) and, from what I understand, a car rolled through the intersection striking Sister Call. She was thrown from her bike and landed unconscious. She doesn’t really remember anything immediately before or after the accident. What she does remember is seeing Brother Clint Papenfuss and his teenage daughter Chelsea rushing to her at the scene.

Apparently, Brother Papenfuss was on an errand and had decided to bring along his daughter. They had just stopped for ice cream and were on their way when he saw the scene. Several cars were stopped and many people were crowded around when he felt suddenly that he needed to stop and give assistance. He rushed to the victim’s side and began providing aid when he suddenly realized that he recognized these young ladies. It was a miracle because Sister Olsen, who was still shaken, was struggling with what the right procedures were: who should she call, would it be okay to use an ambulance due to expense, etc. Ultimately, Sister Call was rushed to Bethesda in an ambulance.

One of the lighter moments had to do with Sister Call’s first words to Chelsea when she arrived at the scene, “Can I have a lick of your Ice Cream?”

Sincerely,

Bishop McClintock

No comments:

Post a Comment